DrekFone: The farce is with me

The whole, unexpurgated story.


So I received a new SIM for my phone. It’s a TF64SIMC4 V2, exactly as the “old” one differing only in serial number. As expected, it bricked my phone when I installed it. (Note: That is normal, since cell phone companies register the SIM to their neworks. I knew it would happen. There’s reasons for it, which involved the companies doing things the cheapest possible way, but it’s lousy security.)

I sent an email to “Sr. Mgr. Kimberly Filardi” at 9:52AM, asking to proceed with the number change. In theory, I could probably use the online phone activation system (which has worked in the past), but I suspect that would zero out my existing airtime and service days.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s