Emma “Ripley” Gonzalez, as expected, is dancing in the Tennessee Waffle House victims’ blood to…
… I can’t really say “make a point.” She tweeted:
“Removing the assault and semi-automatic weapons from our Civilian society, instituting thorough background checks and mandatory waiting periods (and raising the buying age and banning the production of high-capacity magazines) are the ways to stop shootings in America. >
- Confiscation: The cops did confiscate his guns. He re-armed illegally.
- Background checks: He originally bought his guns in Illinois, undergoing multiple background checks. He re-armed illegally, bypassing background checks.
- Waiting periods: Guess what, snowflake. Illinois: waiting periods, too. Then he re-armed illegally, bypassing waiting periods.
- Age limits: Why, bless your heart. The accused asshole is 29 years old. I realize that you ride the short bus to public school (when you bother to go to school), so “29 > 21” may not be clear to you. So…29 (twenty-nine IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIII) years is 8 (eight, IIIII III) years OLDER than 21 (twenty-one, IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII I) years.
- “High capacity” magazines: I haven’t seen a report that specified magazine capacity, but since he had at least two guns, maybe four, that might not have been much of a factor.
She also notes that James Shaw Jr. managed to stop the shooter without a gun of his own, proving that teachers don’t need guns. Yeah, and he got shot. Come to think of it, so did unarmed faculty at her high school. Go figure.
You know who didn’t get shot? The AR-armed man who stopped the Sutherland Springs shooter. Go figure that, too. And I wonder why cops bother with those “unnecessary” guns.
The chumbucket may also have been under indictment for his informal White House tour last year, which make him a prohibited person… ummm, just like the Parkland shooter (according to FL DCF), not to mention the aforementioned Sutherland Springs killer … so in Ripley’s pink unicorn world, he shouldn’t have been able to get guns at all.
Funny how criminals keep doing that.
ETA: I thought the shooter might be under indictment from the White House escapade, but it looks like that case was cleared. He had also been taken in for involuntary psych evaluation at one point; I don’t know if that included an adjudication of mental illness that would make him a prohibited person.