- New Zealand “Buyback” Report: 27,632: 10/17/2019, 27,632
- NZ Buyback: Preliminary October Report, 10/6/2019; est. 26,338
- NZ “Buyback” Report: 22,310, 9/26/2019; actual count: 22,310
- NZ Confiscation: 19,837, 9/13/2019
- New Zealand “Buyback” Report: Preliminary August Numbers, 8/30/2019; “about 15,000”
- New Zealand Confiscation Update, 8/12/2019; 10,242
- Guess the number of NZ guns affected by the confiscation law, 7/27/2019; 3,275
The average payout per surrendered firearm has increased by another NZ$8.06, over the mid-October numbers.
Here are the mid-October numbers in comparison to the latest NZP official numbers (10/29/2019).
Cat A Banned: 23,729
Cat E banned: 3,903
Program cost is averaging NZ$2029.16 per firearm
estimated total cost at NZ$486,998,400 (up)
And here are the final October numbers
Cat A banned: 26,095
Cat E banned: 4,408
Program cost is averaging NZ$2037.22 per firearm (up)
Estimated total cost at NZ$488,932,983 (up)
Running Compliance total: 12.71% (using last .gov estimate of 240,000 firearms).
Cat E compliance: 30.4% (using estimate of 14,500 firearms). Fewer than 1 in 3 registered owners of registered Cat E firearms are complying so far.
Projection: They are averaging 2.82% compliance per month, for 4.5 months. I guesstimate 16.94% final compliance if rates remain steady.
|If you found this post useful, please consider dropping something in my tip jar. I could really use the money, what with ISP bills, and general life expenses. And the rabbits need feed. Click here to donate via PayPal.
(More Tip Jar Options)